Titleist FootJoy Matchplay Championship
2020 Titleist FootJoy Matchplay Championship
In 2020 the Titleist FootJoy Matchplay Championship will be celebrating it’s 24th year.
The competition has established itself as the most popular national matchplay event for club golfers in the UK with thousands of golfers competing in either the singles or the betterball competition each year.
How does the tournament work?
· Two separate competitions, Better-Ball pairs and an Individual competition.
· Play starts first week in June.
· The draw is made on a regional basis to minimise travelling.
· Matches are played at home or opponents course – many courses offer courtesy.
· Up to four knockout matches played between June and end of September.
· Stroke allowance is 9/10 difference in Better-Ball and full difference in Individual.
· Winners of four matches qualify for one of up to 8 regional finals in October.
· Leading pairs and individuals at regional finals qualify for the Grand Final January 2nd – 7th, 2021.
At least 44 golfers will win the fantastic prize of a place at the Grand Final including:
· Return flights from UK to Faro.
· 5 nights / single room in the luxury apartments at Vale do Lobo.
· Practice round & four competitive rounds – 2 on the Royal Course and 2 on the Ocean Course.
· FootJoy tournament logo’d polo shirt, a dozen Titleist ProV1 balls and cap.
· Welcome drinks party and presentation dinner.
· Fantastic prizes sponsored by Titleist & FootJoy.
· National title – Better- Ball & Individual Champions.
· Serious fun to be had by all.
Cost of entry
· £48 per pair (Betterball)
· £24 per person (Singles)
· Closing Date: 11th May 2020