Belfry Golf Classic
The Belfry (Brabazon & PGA) & Walmley Golf Clubs
Sunday 21st to Tuesday 23rd June 2020
The Belfry Golf Classic offers three days of great golf over three of the West Midlands best golf courses, with two days at the iconic Belfry Golf Club.
The Belfry is synonymous with golf and has hosted the Ryder Cup four times – more than any other venue in the world. The Belfry Golf Classic gives players the opportunity to play both the Championship PGA course and the iconic Brabazon the scene of many an iconic Ryder Cup moment. Walk in the footsteps of golfing legends – Seve’s historic drive onto the 10th green, Sam Torrance’s famous putt that won the 1985 Ryder Cup match for the European Team or Christie O’Connor Jr’s belligerent 2 iron across the lake at the 18th.
In between these two championship courses you’ll also have the opportunity to play one of the hidden gems of West Midland golf, Walmley Golf Club. A beautiful parkland course where golf has been played for over 100 years. Founded in 1902, this immaculately maintained parkland course boasts many trees & hazards to keep you on your toes during your round. The par 3, 5th hole is the courses signature hole, played from an elevated tee, over water, to a shallow green with out of bounds just over the back.
Entry £275 per person (great value for peak time of the year).
Final day is a shotgun start at 8am at the Belfry, Brabazon Course, followed by a two course meal and prize giving ceremony in the Ryder Cup Suite overlooking the iconic 18th Green. Meal is included within price. Drinks are not included.
Pin Position Golf Events run under the R&A Rules and CONGU Handicap rules. Proof of handicap will be required prior to tee off on first day. Failure to produce a valid certificate will void players scores from the competition.
· Sunday 21st June 2020: Belfry PGA Course
· Monday 22nd June 2020: Walmley Golf Course
· Tuesday 23rd June 2020: Belfry Brabazon Golf Course, 8am Shotgun start.
Open to Men & Women amateur golfers with a maximum handicap of men 26, ladies 36. Proof of handicap will be required prior to tee off on first day. Failure to produce a valid handicap certificate will void players scores from the competition.
Format is Individual Stableford over 54 holes.
Prizes for Men & Women, £150 winner, £70 runner up and £40 for 3rd. Winners also receive Inaugural Trophy.
Scores will be available each evening for that day. Final day is shotgun 8am start.
Visit www.pinpositiongolf.co.uk to enter and reserve your place.
· A variety of accommodation packages are available at preferential rates to competitors – contact the organisers for full details
· Where: Belfry Golf Resort, Brabazon Course & PGA Course, Walmley Golf Club.
· When: Sunday 21st June to Tuesday 23rd June 2020.
· Format: 54 Hole Stableford Competition.
· Maximum handicap for men 26, ladies 36.
· 90% handicap allowance.
· Includes 2 course meal on Tuesday 23rd June at the Belfry Golf Resort.
· Over £500 worth of prizes.
· Entry-Fee: £275 per person.
· Entry Fee: £275 per person
· Closing Date: -
· Format: Individual Stableford
· Handicap Limit: 26